Monday, April 19, 2010

Sick.

I had a hairy spider on the outside of my driver's side door all the way home from work today. On a highway that is 70 mph. He was acting like he was trying to dig through my window to get me. My heart rate was sky high because I believe he could've done it. I prayed he would blow off of the window, but he nestled him self in a little shelter from the 70 mph wind. Smart spider. He crawled into a crack on window/door when I pulled into my parking lot. The maintenance lady was probably wondering why I bolted out of my car and made a run for my building. It's because he appeared to be a jumping spider. Who am I kidding? Ever spider is a jumping spider.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This is a traumatic story. I hope it never happens to me. I was actually thinking today as I was driving home on interstate what I would do if a spider crawled across my window (on the inside). My first (and only) solution would be to pull over and exit through the passanger door. I suppose I'd have to hope I'd hit my emergency lights (and put the car in park) on my way out so someone would stop to help me and kill the spider.

Kudos to you for remaining in the car and on the road. I would have had to stop.

DeMo said...

This story would be all the more better if Shaun J had been riding with you. And put me in the backseat to watch you both freak out!

I have this story beat. I can handle spiders, just not when they're super close to me. Like a JUMPING spider sitting on the top of the seat underneath the headrest. Like I could look to my left and see 8 little eyes. I actually did find a place to pull over and took of my shoe, but by that time he was already in hiding and I never found it.

Post a Comment