Monday, June 22, 2009

Sorry, Friends!

I have really stunk this up lately.

I think I got done teaching and didn't want to do anything that had to do with literacy...except for reading and talking...seriously, I've been reading like the government was gonna burn all of the books in the country. I'm about ready for my next stop at the library.

On the "plant front" I have killed too many things. After we got back from Dallas my dear, dear aloe plant had been overtaken by mushrooms. My dear husband then made the decision to banish it from the house...something about fungus growing in our apartment seriously freaked the man out! :-) May it rest in peace. Our strawberries taste like a mixture of dirt and manure...pretty sure I won't be placing any of those things in my mouth again, but they sure are pretty! The rest of the veggies look green, but aren't exactly producing anything! Oh well...my goal wasn't to kill them, so I guess I'm successful so far!!

I started volunteering in the Ronald McDonald Family Room in between the PICU and pediatric units this week. I had training today and I'm SUPER excited! I'm very excited about getting to help people who are going through a really hard time to make them a little bit happier. I just hope I can resist the freezer full of cinnamon rolls and watching Sister Act of the VCR while I'm on duty!

Okay, I need to go clean so it looks like I actually did something while Doug was at work...drat.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I think your PICU volunteering is going to be very rewarding. Someday when I am not required to work (hello, rich hubby, where are you?) I am going to volunteer more. Today I drove by the disabled services building and wanted to skip work and help out.

I think maybe giving your strawberries another year will maybe help them taste better. They will come back. And they will start to spread if you let them.

Lins said...

Sorry to hear about your dirty-tasting strawberries...maybe you should just give them away and let people wonder why they taste that way! :)

Nice to see another post from you! My Google Reader misses you!

The Youngs said...

Dont fell bad about killing plants! My poor azelas are dying! All five of them. I guess Rob and I will be shopping for new bushes so we dont get in toruble by the HOA police!

Post a Comment