Thursday, May 14, 2009

Still Alive...and Growing!

It's a miracle! I haven't killed off my plants yet! Everyday I peek out onto our balcony expecting to see withered up plants that are ready to blow away in the wind, but instead I see this:


and this:




I am so proud!! They are like my little babies! Do you see that little red strawberry?! It's amazing, eh?! We're eating it tomorrow. We're gonna cut it in half and share it. I sure hope it's good. So, if the plant is like my baby would the fruit of the plant be my grandbaby...or perhaps a grandberry? Hmmmm...okay, okay, I'll stop.

As if my home is full of growing little babies I added another today. This is an aloe vera plant and someone brought it some cuts of it to school today so I decided to brave it. Someone said they are really hard to kill. I'll see if I can prove them wrong! Not so sure how well this one is gonna work out, but I really like the pot I found for it today! So, it may die, but at least it looks good in the process.


So, I would like to welcome the new member to our family...live long and prosper...or at least live for a few days.

4 comments:

The Youngs said...

I am glad to see they are still alive. I am killing some of my flowers. Well I am not, the hail, wind, rain has.

We are planting tress this weekend and more bushes. I hope they dont die. It will be expensive to replace them.

jacjewelry said...

Your plants look great! How was that sole strawberry? I'm sure it was delicious!

jacjewelry said...

P.S. Love your blog design - bright and striking, just beautiful!

The Youngs said...

How big are they now???

Post a Comment