Tuesday, January 19, 2010

ay 7 - Apparently We Hiked This Day and Saw Some Animals, But I'm Gonna Have to Try and Remember Because I've Slept Since Then

This was the last day of our vacation. I really struggled with remembering what we did on this day, but after much grunting and thinking (I don't usually grunt when I think...just when I try to think of detailed things I did 6 months ago) I think I remembered...either that or I dreamed it.

We moved yet again to another hotel...this time back to the one we started at. Let me refresh your memory...and by your memory I mean my memory.
This room will be my inspiration for our next bedroom. I love me some pink walls, rugs and 90's floral print comforters. Don't tell Doug...it's gonna be a special surprise from me to him. He's gonna be so excited! There may be a happy dance involved.

Anyway, back to our last day of vacation. I'm sad to report that there were no microbears involved at this hotel.

So, at some point on this leg of the trip we took a little boat road across a lake. The lady told us lots of cool stories about this lake, but I don't remember them. I do remember thinking, "This is awesome! I need to remember these stories for my blog!" Fail.

I do remember I took some pictures.

We got off the boat on the other side of the lake and took a short hike to this waterfall.


After a boat ride back to where we started, and more stories that I can't remember, we took another hike...our last of the trip. It was amazing and we got to see the most amazing waterfall ever...it's a good thing I forgot my camera in the car. So, because I forgot my camera in the car I will now steal a picture from the internet:

Thank you:
http://www.rockymtnrefl.com/StMaryFallscd2109.jpg

Seriously, this picture does no justice to the color of these falls...never seen anything like it.

We spent quite a bit of time here and watched crazy high school girls take pics of themselves hanging over the edge of the rocks precariously...I kinda felt bad that I wasn't gonna jump in after them if they plunged. Good thing they didn't.

Well, we went back to the hotel and left the next day for the airport. There won't be a story for the next day of our trip because for once in our married lives we actually made every flight we were supposed to catch. Miracles do happen.

Thanks for coming on our Glacier National Park trip with us. It was a great 6 months.

Now to start scrapbooking our honeymoon.

1 comments:

DeMo said...

I'm sad that the microbears didn't follow you. But happy that you caught all of your flights. That really is amazing considering what happened on your honeymoon.

Post a Comment