Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Random Happenings



So, we went down to Tucson this weekend for Doug's cousin's wedding. First of all, Tucson is awesome. They have real cactus. Like cactus that grows out of the ground wildly. It's really tall like trees or really short like me...and everything in between. It's also very pokey. Be very careful. I think climbing a cactus has the potential for being fun, if it wasn't pokey. They also have crazy wildlife, like mountain lions, gila monsters, rattlesnakes, tarantulas, and black widow spiders. Not cool.

Susie's wedding was beautiful. She was a beautiful bride. Doug and I didn't get any exciting drama in our wedding. Susie made up for it though. One of the groomsmen (7 in all!) passed out in the middle of Susie saying her vows. Don't worry, he was up right away. I was afraid he would have a nasty rug burn on his forehead though. The pastor took the opportunity to remind everyone not to lock their knees. Good advice for those of you out there who are getting married soon. They also took about 5 minutes to get the unity candle lit. Thanks to their persistence and to the pianists for "taking it from the top" a couple of times they got it lit. I'm pretty sure Austin who is an engineer had some brilliant way of getting that baby to light up.

They also had a swing dancing reception which upped their cool points about 276! It was a lot of fun. Doug and I hadn't done that for about a year, but we managed to wow his parents and his grandmother. I tripped a lot, but totally tried to play it off as really cool footwork. It might have worked.

We also got to stay with Doug's cousin Jon and his wife Amber. They have two kids, Ollie and Franklin. Ollie is 2 and Franklin is 7 months. Way cute. Me and Franklin were buds. He liked imitating my lips, which was rather humorous. I think he is the only person who has ever stared at my lips for 5 minutes straight.

Well, I'm off to the eye doctor tomorrow and the zoo with Linz, Jade, Erica, Grace, Tara, Claire, Aubrey, and whoever else is going! Hopefully they don't dilate my eyes. That would make the zoo not so cool.

"Hey, look at the hippo!"
"No, Angela, that's a gorilla!"

2 comments:

DeMo said...

I love that you have an "eye doctor" label. Do you plan to write about eye doctors often?

I love the idea of a swing dance reception. I think I'd want a reception with dancing, though I'm not very good at swing at all. Maybe I should go find a partner...

Anonymous said...

Too bad the pull-up didn't make it into this blog post...

Post a Comment