Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pause

So, I've got 12 days with my kiddos left...14 teaching days (2 of them are kindergarten screening for next year's hoodlems). That's not a lot. Not at all. Although, it seems as if it will never get here. The last few weeks of school creep by! The kids are antsy, teachers are antsy, the ants are antsy. Everyone is just downright antsy. I gave my kids the little talk about Spring Fever. I think they all thought they caught some crazy infectious disease like swine flu. Oh well, I told them I didn't want them to get it (Spring Fever...I don't want them to get swine flu either, don't get me wrong) so they needed to cover their coughs and sneezes so as not to give their neighbor Spring Fever. Okay, okay I didn't really tell them that it could be passed by germs, but we did have a good long talk about it. Nevertheless, they still got it. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

In the midst of finishing up this school year I'm also packing up my classroom. Yeppers, this is it for me for a while. I'm putting my full time teaching career on hold and going to part time/substituting. This is due to Doug and I moving sometime in the next several months...who really knows when! I'll let you know when I find out! In the process of cleaning out files and cabinets and such I can't figure out where all of this stuff came from! Seriously! I've got a ton of stuff...a ton of trees have been killed in the process of my teaching career...sorry, Trees.

So, anyway, I'll keep cleaning and sorting away, but right now I'm going to bed so I can rested up for the crazies tomorrow! 14 days...14 days...14 days...

0 comments:

Post a Comment